The Old Monastery of Sainte-Croix Welcome Centre
10 minutes drive from Die, at the heart of a village perched on the hills, this ancient restored monastery welcomes music groups, dancers, botanists, hikers, yogi and groups of friends ... for training or professional development sessions, workshops and conferences in a friendly atmosphere.
With 27 redecorated and fully furnished rooms with 1 to 4 beds, this ancient monastery, built during the twelfth century, was a commandership belonging to Saint Anthony monks order. Turned into an International Welcome Centre, it accommodates up to 51 persons and offers high quality service while keeping its original monastic heritage. Full or half board available and possibility to hire function rooms. Self-catering available under certain conditions.
You are planning training sessions, workshops or a family gathering? We can offer three seminar rooms of 35, 45 and 60 square meters each, a conference/workshop room of 100 meters square, a performance hall in the basement and a workshop room (function room) of 200 square meters. Meal are served either in one of the two vaulted dinning-rooms or outside in the courtyard and are always a friendly occasion. Most of the ingredients on the menus are local and organic.
Local produce sold on site: Clairette de Die sparkling wine, herbal teas, floral waters, plant based essential oils, jams, chocolate, nougats, honey, pâtés, soaps, jewelleries, postcards...
Parkland of two hectares, an ethno-botanic garden of aromatic and medicinal plants are here for you to discover. Guided visits of the physic garden and botanical workshops (contact Lise-May Viment : 06 71 83 98 14)
Information panels on the Order of Saint Antony monks and their natural medicine accessible at all time.
Painting, sculptures and photographic exhibition gallery open from 10 am to 5 pm. For the program of concerts and performances, check the ‘événements’ page on our website. Well-being massages available: email@example.com
‘Hébergement Parc du Vercors’ Label.
To find out more about the history of this ancient monastery and download a sonic walk commissioned by ‘La bande sonore’ society, check our ‘Histoire du Monastère’ page at: http://www.le-monastere.org/histoire-du-monastere/
Our site is equipped for camping. Groups of 13 and over are preferred. To hire the entire location (building + activity rooms + catering services) please contact us. Minimum individual stay of 2 nights and subject to availability.
Our services and offers are fully accessible and include accessible bathroom and toilets.
Room accommodating people with reduced mobility includes a disabled toilet.
Please note that with the current restrictions due to COVID-19 we are unable to welcome single guests.
Find out more on our health and safety policy at: http://www.le-monastere.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Protocole-sanitaire-Nouveau-Monastere-groupes.pdf
From 03/03 to 30/11.
Opening hours vary (farm shop, garden, exhibition, seminar or workshop..) and will depend restrictions due to the pandemic, please get in touch.
- Half board (pp): 58.50 € (1 night+1 meal+breakfast
- Children under 12 (part of a family staying -30%) : 39.90€)
- Full board (pp): 68.50 € (1 night+2 meals+breakfast
- Children under 12 (part of a family staying -30%): 46.90€)
- Tourist taxes: 1 €.
- Free entry for children < 3 years.
- Personalised quote on request.
- Room cleaning service, bath towels hire, coffee break pastries and sound system hire, well-being massages, botanical workshops, visit of the botanical garden, heritage tour of the monastery are available, booking is essential.
- A single occupancy charge applies for room of 2, 3 or 4 beds: 21.60€ all taxes included / night / bedroom.
- Tent accommodation 2 nights minimum: 48,50€/person for half board, 58,50€/person for full board.
- 20€ extra/day/person for an additional night.
- Tax not included.
- Total capacity : 51
- Total capacity : 51
- Number of rooms : 27
- Number of medium dormitories : 1
- Number of accommodations for persons with reduced mobility : 1
- Number of single occupancy : 5
- Number of lodging for 2 persons : 19
- Number of lodging for 3 persons : 2
- Room description : 1
Are you looking for a place to organise training seminars, workshops with your business partners or to gather for an annual general meeting? Only 2 hours from Lyon and 2h30 from Marseille, the Monastery is an exceptional location: original and relaxing, an ideal place to combine business and leisure. Our working rooms are comfortable and perfectly adapted for 20 to 200 persons, a lounge, and fiber optic wifi.
Are you a member of a hiking club? The Monastery is a perfect starting point for many walks and mountain bike trails in the Drôme Valley, the Diois and the Vercors.
Sainte-Croix is on the Huguenots International Itinerary.
Are you looking for a place to organise a family or friends gathering? You can hire the entire location and enjoy the uniqueness of the Monastery, of original heritage, a park and gardens and catering using local produce.
- Shelter for bikes/mountain bikes
- Function/entertainment room
- Fenced grounds
- Fenced communal grounds
- Car park
- Sustainable development
- Equipment store closed
- Private parking
- Waste management
- Shared garden
- Separate garden
- Rain water collectors
- Room hire
- Bedlinen hire
- Set down on-site for groups
- Tourist brochures
- Linen hire
- Equipment hire
- Booking of general amenities
- Picnic hampers
- Beds made on arrival
- Baby equipment
- Shared WC
- Sheets and towels included
- Hand wash basins with hot water
- Living room
- Baby bed
- Baby chair
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Bank/credit card
- Credit transfer
|Name||Area (m²)||Maximum capacity||U-shaped room||Banquet room||Cocktail lounge||Theater Room|
|Salle en Bois||40||20||-||-||20||-||-|
|Salle des Antonins||200||200||-||-||200||-||-|
|Salle de l'âne||60||30||-||-||-||30||-|